Friday, March 3, 2017

Life Update// Modeling, College, ShopHL



It's been quite a while since I posted on here. So much has happened in the past year and a half that I am unsure where to even begin. Currently, I am approaching the beginning of my last quarter as a high school student, patiently (well, maybe not so much) awaiting the arrival of admissions decisions from many of my dream colleges. The entire college process has really swept me off my feet as it took a lot of self examination and effort. In the end I have come to the conclusion that I put my best foot forward and that I can feel good knowing that whatever happens next college-wise will happen for a good reason. I applied to over twelve colleges, all of them requiring at least two long essays so the amount of essays I wrote, subtly bragging on myself while still trying to sound intelligent but fully me was very overwhelming. So far, I have only heard back from the University of Texas at Austin, as I was an auto-admit. I was super ecstatic to get into the Business Honors Program in the Mccombs School of Business because it will give the feeling of a small school within a large school. Part of me still wants to get out of the state I grew up in, so I am still keeping my options open until I hear from my schools in New York City, LA, and other Ivy Leagues.
Another huge portion of my life has been opening my etsy shop. I have always been into planning and all things organization and when I first got my kikki K planner, I scoured the internet for accessories that fit my very specific taste. Needless to say, I couldn't find anything so I took matters into my own hands. A year and a half later I have a full blown business selling planner dividers, stickers, and other planner accessories. I could not be more thankful to everybody who has supported me. If you'd like to check it out here is the link:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/shophl?ref=hdr_shop_menu
Lastly, I am so blessed to be able to say that I signed with one of the top modeling agencies in my area almost two years ago. Since then I have done a lot of print and runway work for many local and national companies in the area. It has taught me a lot being a model, such as appreciating my uniqueness, how to deal with others, and how a brand runs behind the scenes. Although time consuming, considering I am still a full time student, it has been something that I have truly enjoyed and learned so much from.

Here is a very brief wrap up of my life lately, I look forward to sharing more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment