Friday, August 7, 2015

A Letter to Junior Year...

Junior Year,
The time has come in which I must face your wrath. After hearing countless stories about you, your torture and your tiring fight, I am terrified. I am terrified that you will conquer me. But, I'm even more petrified that you'll take me and swallow me whole, to the point where I lose what little of myself I have left. What would it mean to win? Or do I merely want to survive? I ponder this idea daily, it makes my stomach churn and chases me in circles at night. Will I survive by merely trudging through in a haze of memorization and sleepless nights? That's not what I want to do. I want to win. I want to learn the curriculum and apply it to my daily life. I want to be able to analyze every bit of information and be interested enough to remember it beyond the unit that it is taught. I want to grow to love learning, not dread it to make the best grade. But academics aside, I truly just to find myself, and be the best person I can be. I want to find my voice in my community, shedding light on bad social norms or bridging the gap between two different groups. I want to be passionate, and put all my effort and interests into everything I do. So junior year, in five days, we'll see what's in store. I promise I will fight every match, just please don't knock myself out of me.

With Love, HL

No comments:

Post a Comment