Sunday, August 4, 2013

Back to School: supplies haul! Part 1

Happy Sunday girls!! 
As promised today I'm starting my back to school series! Yay! I don't know about you guys but I LOVE back to school. I love getting new school supplies and just finding new way to organize my schoolwork. This year it's going to be a little different for me because I am going to be attending a private school that's a "college prep" school which basically just means it's preparing us for college so we have A and B days instead of all 8 classes on one day and we also use laptops. Also this year I'll be going into high school which is obviously way different from middle school. My high school doesn't give out a list or anything so I kind of just bought things I thought I would need. I will be doing an organization video when I figure out how I'm going to organize everything. 
The first thing I bought is an agenda from Lilly Pulitzer. An agenda is so essential for me! It helps me keep up with all my homework and assignments. This is the Jumbo Agenda which is pretty large. It's about the size of a notebook which is perfect for me because I need lots of room for planning and keeping track of all my tests, homework, projects, and volleyball schedule. I'm not crazy about the print so I think I'm going to spray paint the cover and put a monogram decal on it.
Like I said I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing for organization yet but pink glittery spirals are ALWAYS a must. These are all from Walmart and they're just the regular size notebooks. These are great to take notes in and I like how I can put these in a binder. 
And while I was at staples I found composition books that match! How amazing is that?! I will say that I don't love writing in composition books because I feel like they're too small but sometimes English teachers will require you to use them.
I have no idea if I'm going to need folders this year. So I just bought these two because they were pink and glittery. I might be a little obsessed. Like I said I will have a organization video coming us very soon! These are from Walmart and they're just the type of folders that have the holes in then so you can put them in binders.
I bought two of these notebooks because these are my favorite type of notebooks to use. They're perfect for the subject where the teachers require you to do and put everything in a notebook. They're bigger then your average journal so you can tape a full size handout into it without having to fold anything and they're super durable. These I bought at Target but they also had neon pink ones at Walmart I just preferred this shade of pink.
This is what is going to be inside my main pencil bag this year. My pencil bag is from Urban Outfitters and it's a pink pouch with little sequins all over it. In it I would keep a couple of my favorite pencils, they're by BIC and I usually just put like 3-4 in my pencil bag. Then my favorite pens ever are the paper mate profile pens. They're AMAZING! They write super smoothly and are just the best pens ever. I like writing notes in fun colors because I find I tend to like looking at them more. Then since my pink pen always runs out I bought more of them so I got ones by pilot and then just a couple individual felt tip pink pens. A highlighter is obviously also a must I usually only keep the pink one with me. I also like to keep post it notes to write myself reminders and I would also keep whiteout tape with me but I forgot to pick that up. I like to keep my pencil pouch very simple so I'm not digging around through all my stuff looking for a pen.
This is the pencil pouch I would just keep in my bag. It's a cheapie one from Walmart and inside I would just keep a 24 pack of colored pencils and this little 8 box of pink crayons that was basically made for me. It has only shades of pink. I like the 24 pack of colored pencils because it has prettier colors and I keep them with me because I found I always needed colored pencils for coloring maps and diagrams or whatever. 

Where is your favorite place to shop for school supplies? Part two will be coming later this week! Xxx Girl with the Pink Bow

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! So much cute stuff. You will probably have the cutest school supplies of anyone else. :)

    http://thedamselinthedress.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete