Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to school: DIY personalized planner

Hi girls! 
Today I will be sharing with y'all I quick DIY that I did to my Lilly Pulitzer agenda. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Lilly prints but I wasn't feeling any of the prints that were on the agendas this year. I also felt like more and more people were getting the same Lilly agendas. I still loved all the cuteness inside the planner so I decided to purchase it anyways even though they are more pricey than your typical agenda. You could do this to any agenda or even notebook it's pretty simple you just have to be patient! 
Materials- Acrylic paint, foam brushes, newspaper, tape, an agenda (obviously), a monogrammed decal(mine is from etsy), and high gloss sealer.
Steps:
1. Lay down newspaper over wherever you will be working. 
2. Tape the rings of the agenda so we won't get paint on those. Don't worry if you get a little but of paint on the rings, it will scrape right off once the paint dries
3. Then basically you just paint several coats until you get your desired color. I started off with a white coat to get a more vivid color but you could just use the same paint. Make sure you let each coat dry in between. Here is a picture of the process in between coats. I ended up using about 4 coats.
5. Repeat the same process on the back but make sure you don't paint the stretchy band strap thingy! Once it's the desired color be extremely careful with it! Acrylic paint chips off EXTREMELY easily especially when painted in multiple coats.
6. Apply your decal where you want it according the instructions. 
7. Finish it off with 2-3 coats of liquid sealer.
8. Peel off the tape and clean up any areas you might have messed up on.
9. Enjoy your planner and plan your life out! 

How do y'all personalize your school supplies? Xxx Girl with the Pink Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment