Sunday, August 25, 2013

Back to school: dress up your school uniform

Hi ladies! 
Long time no talk. I know I know I'm sorry! High school really is extremely busy. I just finished my first week and it was super hectic. Hopefully ill be able to figure out a good routinely schedule so I can find the time to have posts up for y'all! Anyways today's post is about how to spice up and add your own touch to your school uniform. I know that this might not apply to everyone because not everyone goes to a private school but hopefully this helps those that do. And if you don't go to private school maybe you can incorporate these tips into your school outfits. Obviously everyone's school uniform and dress code is different. Mine is pretty strict but ill share with you things I would do if the dress code was slightly looser. Every uniform probably consists of some type of polo/ oxford, a pleated skirt, crew socks, and loafers. Also, with all these things that I am sharing with you guys I change out daily to match all the other accessories I wear that day. Like one day ill have light pink accessories and the next day I'll have hot pink accessories and so on.
1. Lots and lots of arm candy. I wear a giant stack load of pink bracelets everyday. 


2. Big studs. I feel like actual big dangly earrings would look kind of odd with a school uniform because those are more of a fashion statement but studs are always cute and fun. 

3. Headbands and hair bows. There are so many cute hair accessories out there! I wear a different headband or hair bow everyday.

4. Necklaces. I wouldn't go to crazy with these. Like no costume type statement necklaces. But maybe a simple monogrammed necklace or a simple, dainty pendant necklace. 
5. Rings. I wear the same rings everyday because they are part of my everyday jewelry. They add a little more personalization to a uniform. Once again same as the necklace thing- nothing costumey or statementy, make sure they look nice. 

6. Nail polish. Right now I have on acrylics but if I didn't I would switch out my nailpolish either daily of every two days to match my accessories. Use the Seche Vite top coat for a quick drying color. 

7. Your backpack! I obviously don't change this everyday but in my school we carry out bags/ backpacks around with us to our classes. I made sure to have a cute backpack to add some pizzas to my uniform. 
8. Lanyards. I don't know about your school but we are required to wear our school IDs around our neck. And I wear mine with cute lanyards. 

Any other ideas? Xxx Girl with the Pink Bow

1 comment: