Friday, July 28, 2017

Current Beauty routine: Fresh Faced and Glowy Skin



Lately I have been obsessed with the minimal makeup look ( I suppose this could warrant its own video once I get everything sorted out). This includes fresh glowy skin, feathery lashes, glossy lips, and bushy brows.

My skin has always been decently clear, but also very problematic. I don't get cystic/ hormonal acne, but my nose, forehead, and chin are very prone to congestion. My skin is also very fair and scars SO easily so even if I have no active break outs, there will be some scarring and discoloration. I've been trying the "three little wonders" from Ole Henrikson and am noticing results, but I want to keep using them a little longer before I can call them holy grail.
I am not sure what is going on, whether it be allergies or too much salt but my eyes have been so puffy lately. My eyes are prone to puffiness since there is not crease to prevent them from puffing up and my face is just prone to bloating in general. I have been trying many eye creams to combat the puffiness and the only one that I have found that works wonders is the Kiehls midnight recovery eye (the concentrate it amazing as well). Unfortunately I have ran out of the little sample I was using and I want to use up my Clinique eye cream before I repurchase it. The clinique eye cream works okay, but I am not noticing overnight results like I did the the Kiehls.
Speaking of Kiehls, something that is holy grail status is the midnight recovery concentrate. This is a night time face oil that I use after my serum. I kid you not when I wake up the next day my face is glowing and the redness has been dramatically reduced. I want to invest in some more Kiehls products but I have so much skincare I want to use up before I will allow myself to do so.

As for face makeup, I have been so into Korean BB creams and cushions. I love them because it's a light coverage and high SPF 50 in one so it's one less step for me in the mornings. I used the Faceshop oil-control CC cushion the last month but I have recently been loving the Missha bb cream (both in the lightest shade). They cover everything I need them to, and I know that they won't break me out while protecting my skin from the sun.

For school I would be done at this step and later add some tinted lip balm in the car on the way to school or during class. If I am not going to school I do a few swipes of mascara, some brow mascara and some lip oil or lip gloss. I have been using the Loreal lash paradise, and I will say it I do still love the supersizer, but it does work very well. My favorite brow item has been this eyebrow mascara by Maybelline. It is the perfect color for my eyebrows and makes them look fuller than they are. I do have to be careful since my eyebrows are so sparse that I don't make a mess when I put it on, but it shouldn't be a problem if you do not have non-existent eyebrows.

As for lips, they have been SO dry recently so I have been wearing a lot of lip balms and nourishing lip oils. I have been trying out the Rimmel and Milani lip oils. I do feel like the Rimmel lip oil cakes up on my lips throughout the day but I enjoy the colors they come in. However, my lips are very prone to this since they are on the fuller side. The classic aquaphor lip balm has saved my life and I like to apply this at night before I go to bed. During the day I have been into the Dior lip glow in lilac. It is sheer but gives your lips a hint of pink (since the purple tone mixes with the naturally red tone of my lips).

1 comment:

  1. i really miss your blog posts and your youtube videos. they were so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete