Sunday, July 7, 2013

Outfit of the Day: mixing pink and pink

Hello girlies! Today I'm sharing a quick outfit of the day from last week when I grabbed lunch with my mom. It was a beautiful, sunny day here in Texas and my day was extra sunny because there was a package for me in the mail that morning. Don't you just LOVE the feeling of getting packages? I sure do. This one was from derng and I'll admit I was semi disappointed when I tore open the box. I had ordered the may flowers necklace in pink and I had expected it to be a light pastel pink as I had seen on her Instagram (I ordered it off her flash sale) but instead it was a kinda iridescent warm blush pink color and I wasn't so crazy about it. As I was choosing my outfit that day I realized almost nothing in my (admittingly all pink wardrobe) matched the odd pink color of the necklace. I knew I had to go with a white top but I didnt want to go with plain black shorts. I tried on my beloved jcrew neon pink chino shorts and loved the pop of color it gave but it didn't exactly match the necklace. Here is my stroke of genius guys: I had just bought a forever 21 belt the EXACT same shade as the necklace and the odd pink paired of the belt with the neon pink of the shorts were perfect for the outfit. Paired with my favorite and well loved steve madden sandals it was my favorite outfit I wore the whole week.
Isn't she pretty?


The outfit(this was before I put on my bracelets)

Top: H&M
Shorts: jcrew factory
Belt: forever 21
Necklace: derng
Hope you enjoyed! xxx Girl with the Pink Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment