Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankful for....


Happy late thanksgiving! Sorry I'm a little late on this post but I figured better late then never right? So far I've only talked about thanksgiving as the day before Black Friday and all the great sales that go on Thursday night but thanksgiving really is about what it's name implies- being thankful. It's a day that you should spend having fun with your family, no matter if its your whole entire, humongous extended family or if its just you and your parents (like in my case). Take the time each thanksgiving or frankly every holiday to put away your phone, twitter, pinterest, IG, and just bond with your family. Help whoever's cooking in the kitchen with whatever your family may be eating. We have a turkey each year with our own spin on thanksgiving side: roasted veggies, green beans, turkey, my dad has steak, and baked apples for dessert. But if your family doesn't do the classic thanksgiving dinner that's fine. But try to make it a point to do something special that day like a bigger, planned dinner with all the silverware and maybe in the actual dining room. Stick to old traditions but make new ones to. And don't forget to thank and be thankful for everything you have in your life and express that gratitude to whomever it may concern! 
This year I am thankful for my parents, which complete all 3 people of my cozy little family. I want to thank them for always being supportive in everything I do. And for always leading my in the right direction but letting me make and learn from my own mistakes. For working their butt offs so I don't have to, for their unconditional love even though I defitnetly don't deserve most days. For putting up with me and showing me right from wrong. I love them so much. I am also thankful for coming closer to my faith this year. For going to church more frequently and seeing all the positive impacts that God has made in my life. I am thankful for all my friends for always having my back and brightening my day. I'm thankful for all the laughter and happiness that I have encountered this year and for every moment, whether it made me cry or laugh, that has made me into who I am today. Lastly I am thankful a beautiful, pleasant past and for a future, and whatever it may bring. 
Happy thanksgiving ladies! Xxx Girl with the Pink Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment