Sunday, October 6, 2013

September favorites!

Happy October beauties! 
This month passed by SO freaking quickly! With school and playing volleyball time flies by so fast. I might not do favorite posts every month because I tend to like the same things and stick to them unless I find something new and better. So basically I have constant favorites and I don't like to use a whole new slew of makeup products each month. These favorites will be items that I've just discovered and are so good that they've become my new favorite of that type of product. Also ill have food, fashion, and random favorites as well. 
This month I discovered quite possibly the most life changing trick ever. It cuts my makeup time down by over half! One night I was too lazy to remove all my coats of waterproof mascara so I left it on. And the next day I woke up realizing it looked basically the exact same. As you will see in my upcoming makeup routine post, my mascara is what takes up most of my makeup. I put on multiple coats and have to blow dry them in between. Being able to make my mascara last two days has saved me so much time.

 My next favorite is the lipstick I've been wearing every single day for the past two months. It's the Mac pro longwear lipstick in love long distance. It's a gorgeous light pink shade that lasts! It really stains my lips which is something I rarely find in pinky-nude colors. I can slap this on and not have to worry about reapplying throughout the school day. With light lip colors it's extremely hard to find ones that will actually stain. It is slightly drying but it's totally worth it. 


If you read my accessories of the week post then you saw that I change my nail polish every day to match the accessories I wear. As busy as I am, I definitely don't have the time to be waiting for my nails to dry. My all time favorite top coat is the Seche Vite fast dry top coat. This adds a thick, glossy layer over every nail polish and makes my nails dry so quickly! It's amazing. It doesn't last very long and does tend to make my nails chip quicker but since I change out my nail color so frequently this isn't a big deal for me. 
This month I caved and bought jandals. I don't know about where you live, but these things have been the biggest thing where I live. People obviously don't wear them with cute outfits but there so amazing to wear with super casual (almost ugly) outfits like Nike shorts and giant t shirts. Everyone had them in brown and I was like there is no way I am getting those shoes. But then I saw the pink ones and I bought them. Now I am in love! They are so comfortable and I wear them everywhere when I want to be lazy. They are obviously hideous but they're one of those things that are "in" to wear right now where I live like chacos. 

And I'm excited to tell y'all about my most recent big purchase. Well besides my giant Michael kors school purse. I finally bought the rebecca minkoff mini Mac in petal pink. I first saw this baby at the beginning of summer or maybe even spring at nordstroms. I loved the color because this light pink, for me, goes with everything. But I didn't know if I 100% loved it and wanted to fully commit to a more expensive bag like this. By the time I knew I was fully in love with it, it was sold out everywhere! It broke my heart and when I finally found it on piperlime I raced and added it to my cart but I was too late and became out of stock. Then a week later I noticed that it was back in stock, on sale, on piperlime again and I bought it! It was so well worth it, I carry this thing everywhere. It goes great with dressier outfits but it looks perfect with casual Nike short, tshirt, and jandals outfits as well. It's so cute casually slung over the shoulder and worn cross body. It fits everything I need it to and much more. I didn't expect this bag to have as much room as it does. I love this bag so much and have been carrying it a ton recently.


Food. Everybody loves food. It's delicious and amazing and I have forever been trying to find the perfect, clean, ice cream recipe. And this month I finally found it. It is pretty amazing, not going to lie. I actually got it off of this blog called stuftmama and kind of put my own spin on it. You can literally have like 3 cups of this creamy amazingness for less then 110 calories. Yes, it is that amazing! Ill do a recipe if that's something you guys would like to see. 
I took a diet coke brake this month and started drinking diet snapple tea! It's refreshing and and a great change. Ill always love my diet coke though. 
What are your favorites? Xxx Girl with the Pink Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment