Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween! +50 cal ice cream (dairy free) recipe


Happy Halloween ladies! 
I used to love Halloween when I was younger, I loved the crisp smell of the air and dressing up going door to door. Being my girly self, every single year I dressed up as some type of pink, fluffy princess thing. (Fairy, princess, ballerina, strawberry shortcake, you get the picture). Sadly I won't be going trick or treating this year but I will still be celebrating it this Saturday! As for today I'm just going to sit at home and celebrate with many cups of my 5 cal chai tea latte and my favorite fall dessert: low cal, dairy free ice cream!! 
And I got silly putty today, so it was a good day. Did anyone else used to be obsessed with this stuff?! I totally was and so I saw it at the grocery store and had to get it to refresh childhood memories. Anyways here's the low cal, pumpkin ice cream recipe-



Cinnamon Pumpkin Ice Cream

Makes: 1 serving (about 1.25 cups): 50 calories 
Ingredients: 
2-3 tbsp canned pumpkin purée
1 1/3 cup of almond milk 
2-3 packets stevia 
cinnamon
1 tsp xanthan gum 
*optional* sugar free vanilla syrup
Directions: 
1. Mix together cinnamon, stevia, vanilla syrup(if using), pumpkin, and 1 cup of almond milk until all ingredients are combined. 
2. Pour mixture into an ice tray and freeze for about 2 hours
3. Once frozen pretty solid take the cubes out and place them into a magic bullet along with 1/3 cup of almond milk and 1tsp of xanthan gum(this is what makes it ultra creamy). 
4. Blend until creamy and smooth 
5. Enjoy! 

What are ya'll being for Halloween? Xxx Girl with the Pink Bowp

No comments:

Post a Comment