Friday, October 25, 2013

Bow shows: all about acrylic nails!

Hi ladies! 
School has been so busy for me. I have finished my first 9 weeks of highschool with all A+s in all pre-ap classes, which is the highest class level you can take as a freshman. I am extremely proud of myself and this defitnetly did NOT come easy. Literally I've functioned off of no sleep and diet coke these past months. It feels
good to accomplished this because I set a goal for myself to do my very best in school once highschool came around. 

Anyways two weeks ago was my homecoming (later post) and I got acrylic nails. I usually only get acrylics for special occasions because I play volleyball which causes them to break which is super painful. There are many different versions of acrylic nails and they range from many different price ranges. I get a highschool discount at my nail salon so for just white tips it cost me $40. The pink and white full set is $50-$55. For all acrylic nails they start by glueing on fake nail tips to your nails after they prep them. Then they'll cut, shape, and file the fake tips to look natural and to your liking. 


Then they'll take the acrylic powder and liquid and dip a brush once in each and paint the mixture onto your nails to even out the level of the fake tips and your natural nail. The consistency is a thick, almost paste like creamy texture. They use the brush and mold it to smooth it out. For white tips they glue on white fake tips and use a clear acrylic powder. If you get a color or glitter the acrylic powder is colored and they would still mix it with the acrylic liquid.
For the pink and white set they use two separate acrylic powders, a pink and a white. It's still a French like the white tips but its got two different types of acrylic powder, requiring more labor. They usually last about 2-3 weeks after you get them done.

What are your expierence a with gel nails? Xxx Girl with the Pink Bow

No comments:

Post a Comment